As others have said there is no perfect bag.

I have 3 (all Lowepro - not because they're any better than the others; two
came with cameras I bought on Ebay and I kept them).

For my basic "walking around" bag the Lowepro Nova 1 holds the DS with 16-45
zoom attached plus a 80-320 zoom and some accessories).  That covers a good
range of photographic possibilities.

If I want a bit more, the Lowepro Nova 3 will fit another lens or two, a flash
and maybe a point and shoot camera.

Finally, I use the Lowepro Compu Daypack, which is the only one I specifically
purchased. It's designed to carry a laptop computer in addition to camera gear,
but I don't have a laptop and use that compartment for books, maps, documents
etc).  The bottom compartment fits the DS and a couple of extra lenses and the
front compartment will take a long lens, a flash bracket with flash and cables
already attached and accessories.  The bag is by no means perfect but it's the
best I've come across for carrying camera gear plus other non-photographic odds
and ends.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters