> Most people who like the sling bags seem to go gaga for the Lowepro
> Slingshot 200 AW.

Ah, but that's not the sling style I've come to like.  The Crumpler bag I
have is a lot more like a messenger bag, but with a laptop slot.  I'm pretty
sure it wasn't really made for camera gear (no padded lens compartments),
but that's what I use it for most of the time.  I'd tell you the bag model,
but I bought it as a demo from a rep I knew at Reed's, and it didn't come
with tags or anything.  Couldn't pass up a nice bag for $25, though. :)

I do have two other camera bags, though.  One is a small green Domke F-5XB.
It's tough as nails and looks like it's military-issue.  Unfortunately, a
lot of people thought it looked like a purse. :(  On the other end of the
scale, I have my Lowepro Mini Trekker AW backpack.  It holds just about
everything I need for a longer outing, though I don't like how the tripod
straps make it difficult to get into the bag when the tripod is strapped in.
I've used this bag at the last two NorCal PDML gatherings, each time
bringing waaaay too much gear to be comfortable.

Of all the bags I saw when I worked at Reed's (I probably saw a couple
hundred different models over the years), the bags that came closest to what
I want are Crumplers.  I just can't stand the "padded brick" camera bag
style that has been so popular for such a long time.  Sure, it's good for
protection, but it's just not functional for everyday use.  Unfortunately,
brick-and-mortar Crumpler dealers are few and far between.

John

--
http://www.neovenator.com
http://www.cafepress.com/neovenatorphoto