On Mar 30, 2007, at 2:19 PM, Michael Chan wrote:

>> Adobe allows two copies to be active per license, and the License is
>> cross-platform (Windows & Mac OS X).
>>
>> Read the email I sent a while back, which includes an extraction
>> directly from their FAQ.
>
> Fair enough: I stand corrected and did not mean (by error of
> omission) to misinform, but it's the Linux/Mac compatibility along
> with the (more) liberal (than Adobe's) usage policy with Bibble that
> I find particularly helpful.

I understand. But Adobe doesn't do Linux products at all, they either
don't find it profitable enough to do so or staff up for it. Such it
is ...

While it sounds like the use is more restrictive, it is in reality
quite liberal and similar to what you've stated with Bibble.

With Photoshop CS2 I've got it installed on several computers, only
two of which I use frequently. If I need to use one of the others
(both are off site from where I do most of my work), I simply de-
activate the one on my desktop machine and activate the one on the
machine I'm going to work on ... there's a menu item to do so and it
takes less than a second.

Lightroom doesn't have the "Transfer Activation..." command in its
menus so I suspect that it is 'honor system' as well. I haven't had
occasion to install it on more than my laptop and desktop to see for
sure, however.

Godfrey