On Apr 2, 2007, at 2:37 PM, Charles Robinson wrote:

> Did you ever bring a camera with to a show only to find out that
> there wasn't ANY LIGHTING on the darned stage?
>
> I just saw a band last weekend where the fastest shutter speed I
> could use (with the DS) was 1/15 of a second, at ISO 1600, with an
> F2.8 lens cranked wide open.

Yes. And all I had to use at that time was a Panasonic FZ10 ...
4Mpixel, JPEG only, lotsa noise over ISO 200.  You do what you can...

> RAW would have made more usable images, but 418 images in RAW mode?
> Not really practical!

Piffle. ;-)
That's three-four 1G cards full. Easy. Suck them all into Lightroom
and adjust away.

> http://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2007/NewStandards/index.html

I like these a lot. Hard to say from the small web images how they'll
print, but they look great to my eye. A little more rendering work on
a couple of them and you're set.

18 out of 420 in these conditions is a good job. ;-)

Godfrey