Last week my 400mm f5.6 SMC-A arrived from the USA with USPS EMS, insured up
to $500 for $38.75 from the USA to the UK. We were not at home, so they left
a card in the mail box, with a phone number. I called them I wanted to pick
the item up, but they couldn't stop it for another delivery attempt. That
time it was successful. Else there was also an option to have it shipped to
my nearest post office for a £0.50 ($0.70) fee, or pick it up myself from
their station. Not too bad for the UK I think.

Frits Wüthrich

William Robb: