At 07:15 AM 10/19/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Does Pentax now make any manual focus bodies and lenses that can be
>purchased new?
>
>On a similar note, besides Leica, Olympus, and Contax, does any other
>manufacturer produce manual focus cameras and lenses?
>--
>Shel Belinkoff
>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>-

There's lots of new manual focus 35mm stuff being made, by practically
everybody.

You can still buy many manual focus Pentax lenses new, from 15mm to the
1200/8. Amazon.com even lists a bunch in their photo dept. The ZX-M is their
only current manual focus 35mm SLR.

Nikon just released the new FM3A, and a 45mm manual-focus pancake lens for it.

Minolta still lists the X-370, though I don't know if it is currently being
produced or not.

Phoenix has two manual focus models, the P1 and P2.
Vivitar has several manual focus models.

Konica has the Hexar RF with manual focus.

Voightlander is making big business with their new rangefinders and manual
focus lenses. They are even releasing new lenses for the original Nikon
rangefinders!

The Minox GT's are manual focus, 35mm cameras.

The Hasselblad Xpan is a 35mm, manual focus rangefinder. This is based on
the Fuji TX-1. They will do 24mmx36mm AND 24mmx65mm *on the same roll*.

Ricoh makes the KR-5 and Kalimar makes the KX7000.

Samsung makes the SR4000, with Schneider lenses.

Then there's all sorts of low-end stuff made in China (including the
multitude of K1000 clones out there).

Michael Nosal
Sr. Engineer for Content Centre - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Open Market Inc.  Burlington, MA  <http://www.openmarket.com/>