Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> Does Pentax now make any manual focus bodies and lenses that can be
> purchased new?

        They currently manufacture the ZX-M and the 50mm f2.0 A. I have heard
conflicting reports about weather or not Pentax is actually making other
A series lenses or just selling old stock. Pentax still sells the 135mm
f3.5 in SM, but I doubt they're making them any more...

> On a similar note, besides Leica, Olympus, and Contax, does any other
> manufacturer produce manual focus cameras and lenses?

        Well, Nikon has their FM3A, but I don't think that they are
manufacturing any new manual focus lenses. The "new" 45mm lens is
supposedly manufactured by Cosina. That doesn't make it a bad lens
(quite the contrary actually), but it would mean that Nikon wasn't
making it.
        Minolta is currently offering their x370 camera and some lenses. I
personally would rather have the ZX-M, but I'm biased... There are some
other various manufacturers still making manual focus cameras like
Zenit, Cosina (Nikon FM-10, Olympus OM-2000, Vivitar, etc) and whatnot,
but I can't really recommend them. Well, I'll (sort of) take that
back... We sold one of the Cosina clones called a promaster 2000. It
wasn't a great camera, but it did have the highest magnification
viewfinder of any 35mm camera that I have seen in the last 20 or so
years. It was very similar to an MX, but it was brighter! The other
clones that we sell (FM-10 and OLY OM-2000) do not have that finder (and
of course they don't take K mount lenses like the promaster does!). Like
I said, it certainly doesn't give you a lot of confidence when you hold
it, but it is cheap (about $175 new if I remember), and it has that
kick-ass finder...

Isaac