----- Original Message -----
From: "Delano Mireles"

Subject: Re: Pushing and Pulling film

> Bill,
>
> thanks for the reply!  I'm still trying to grasp the terms so
please bear
> with me...
>
> Say I have a roll of Ilford Pan F 50 and rate it at 32.  Would
I be Pulling
> the film at exposure and then need to have it Pushed at
development?

No, the other way. Since the film is an ISO 50, and you are
rating it at 32, you are overexposing it by 1/3 stop. Hence a
1/3 stop pull would theoretically be in order. I say
theoretically, since I typically don't concern myself about
exposure variations of that small an amount.
If on the other hand, you took that same ISO 50 film and rated
it at 100, you would be underexposing it by a stop, and in
theory would want to push process it.
William Robb