Yeah, that's a pretty good job, Paul. I understand
that my technique is lacking at this point which is
why I've been trying every fix I come across. There's
A LOT more fringing in this image, however. Plus,
there's purple/bluish fringing, as well...making the
retouching a doozy.

Anyway, at least I'm getting to the bottom of what is
and what's causing it so I can avoid it in the future.

-Brendan

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5846580&size=lg