Howdy, gang!  The wife and I have been talking about doing a little
studio portraiture and were wondering if we could solicit a few opinions
from the sanitari......PDML.

We need to be able to set it up and take it down quickly.  We also need
to be able to store it as compactly as possible.  Our initial thoughts
were to start simple - a 53" roll of white seamless, stands for the
roll, and a couple lights with either umbrellas or soft boxes.  A single
light and a reflector may suit our needs, too.  I'd rather not deal with
the heat from tungsten lights, so it's either fluorescent continuous
lighting or monoblocks.  Current plans are to photograph the kids a lot,
guests when they'll allow it, and a few "models" for some projects I'm
considering.  One or two people in the frame should be typical.

As far as environment goes, we have 9 foot ceilings and enough space to
move the camera up to about 20 feet from the sitter.  Our house is
almost a shotgun style, so width of the backdrop is an issue.  Anything
wider than 6' would be problematic unless I moved a lot of furniture
around.  Windows face northeast and northwest

Anyone care to offer an opinion about brands, continuous vs. strobe,
watt seconds, etc?

Thanks!

--
Scott Loveless