On 03/05/07, Feroze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've bought this : http://www.ezcube.com/. I'm trying to build a little
> portable kit where I can go to the customer and shoot his jewellery,
> some of their insurance dose not apply off the premises and some are
> just to valuable to move around (I don't want to take the risk). Would a
> normal flash (I have one fgz360 so far) be suitable as a light source
> for this? Daylight bulbs are very hard to get here, and I'm really
> struggling to get a proper WB on my K10D so I'm trying to avoid
> florescent or other light sources.

No need to avoid fluorescent bulbs, they are actually quite good for
this type of work. I use a set of 5K compact fluorescent lamps in
white reflectors, the colour is excellent and repeatable. They are
very cool to work with temperature wise and since they are always on
provide greater flexibility for setting light and subject positions,
there are no surprises.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA