On 5/4/07, David Mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On May 4, 2007, at 3:09 AM, frank theriault wrote:
>
> > http://gmapuploader.com/iframe.php?mapId=PXPVwvf04K
> >
> > Now ~that's~ a freaking bike...
>
> Excuse me, I need to change my trousers.  That bike is pornography.
> What ratio are you running on it?

49 tooth chainring, 17 tooth cog.  That puts it in the mid-70's
gear-inches, which is a medium gear for a road bike.  If you get a
nice spin going, you can cruise at about 40km/h, if you go nuts you
can do 50 km/h (my few tries at a 200 metre flying sprint I was in the
high 13's, which worked out to about 50 km/h), yet it's a small enough
gear to climb pretty much hill that downtown Toronto can throw at me.

> Now, enough of these pansy road bikes.
> http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/temp/enduro.jpg

Peh!  Gears.  Brakes.  Knobbie tires...

> I just got her back from a servicing and I plan to ride her
> extensively during the weekend (no Mark!ing this sentence out of
> context!).

Well, I've never done any off-roading.  When I see a bike like that, I
tell myself that I really should give it a try sometime.  Looks like
fun!!

Seriously, lovely (if industrial looking) bike!

cheers,
frank