On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:37:57 +1000, Rob Studdert wrote:

> [...] in a digital camera the CCD is masked by a matrix of colour
> filters ie for every cluster of four pixels there are a red, blue
> and two green sensitive CCD pixels. These sensors and the surrounding
> ones are used to interpolate the actual colour of the pixels in the
> output file [...]

I wasn't even going to get into that.  The questions in my mind are

1) Can I rely on color fidelity with this sort of undersampling?

2) How does the "absolute resolution" of the captured image compare
between this undersampling and the "full" sampling performed by, e.g.,
a flatbed or film scanner.

TTYL, DougF