On May 5, 2007, at 1:17 PM, William Robb wrote:

> [...]

The primary difference on disk, and the reason I convert to DNG, is
that Lightroom and Photoshop+Bridge+Camera Raw will embed updated
metadata into the DNG file where for PEFs the metadata is saved to an
external sidecar file. DNG saves disk space and some management
because of this. DNGs produced by conversion are compressed and just
a little smaller than PEFs too.

Godfrey