Hi all
I never understood the meaning of card speed.
What should the speed be in order to fully utilize the maxiumum camera speed
(FPS) when storing images in RAW+ format, please?

I got a 60x speed card in the mail today, alleged high speed. That is 60x.
It says 9 Mb pr. second.
But with 3 FPS and 16Mb files, this isn't really fast at all, is it?

I have been using a standard Sandisk SD card until now. Huge mistake!
Quite often I have got faulty files, that can't be opened/converted. That is
a PITA!
I have tried the 60x card just mow. It works well (the images are stored
OK), but I can't shoot as fast as I should be able to.
Luckily I have also ordered an Sandisk Extreme III card, which should be
fine, right.

PS:
At a football game last Sunday, I discovered, that my Vosonic X's drive
(hard drive/card reader) used app. 30 minutes to store one card of 2 GB.
That's a VERY long time.
Well, now I have three 2GB SD cards, so hopefully I have enough memory for
the next soccer game :-)
The football club keep giving me free tickets, since I take pictures! Or is
it perhaps because I'm doing the local plan (development brief) for their
new Football Stadium :-)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bladt/sets/72157600210223068/

PPS:
I really wish I had a better lens for this - a 50-300mm/1:2.8 would be just
about perfect :-)
I have been using both the K10D and the *ist D. But the latter is a bit off
in focisng. I need to get it fixed soon :-)

Jens Bladt

http://www.jensbladt.dk
+45 56 63 77 11
+45 23 43 85 77