Erik Nordin wrote:

> One of the things I've noticed with the modern AF cameras is the overall
> degeneration of the viewfinders compared to mechanical cameras. The image is
> smaller, less bright, and they never cover the entire image area (neither
> does the MX, but it shows more than the MZ cameras). At least not the Pentax
> ones. Why is it so difficult to put a decent viewfinder on the newer models?
> I've compared of course the LX, but also MX, with the MZ-3 and MZ-S and the
> difference is apparent. I just don't get it.

        Agreed. If you really want to be sick, look in a Minolta 5, 7, or 9.
They have incredible screens. Granted, that's been one of Minolta's
strengths for a while (I believe that Hasselblad is still using the
Minolta screens), but really, couldn't Pentax come up with something
close? Even a cheapie Cosina clone we sold had a better finder than what
you see in any of the Pentax cameras... SIGH!

Isaac