On Sunday, October 28, 2001, at 02:22  PM, Bob Walkden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this is the sort of thing you're able to dial in, but
> at the pro lab I generally use they offer, on their c-41 machine
> printing service, a set of choices which includes full frame with a
> bit of the black border showing. This is what I always choose for
> proofs so I can see exactly what's lurking on the edge of the frame.

The guys we send out to are not equipped to do it (though they have a
Frontier, which is capable of printing full-frame), and even if they had
set themselves up for that, they'd probably get complaints from people
who ordered their prints that way (that the edges were uneven or the
like), so I doubt they'd do it.  Much of their customer base is
consumer-level.

Were we running our own minilab, I'd certainly want to offer that
option, but we're not.  I spent the quarter million bucks one of those
monsters would have cost on multiple 4x5 enlargers, paper processors,
Jobos, dryers, and a kick-ass digital setup, as well as a reasonably
deep film, paper and chemistry stock. :)

-Aaron