Alex,

You have the right forum to ask these questions.
I have no problems with the FA*80-200/2.8 on the K10D.
Apertures set just fine, exposures are OK.

Your aperture blades are slow.  They always start fully open so you
can have bright focusing (and you meter at open aperture).  When you
take a shot, they are not closing down fast enough.  They are spring
loaded and fly to f5.6 or f8.0 or whatever when you fire.  You
exposures start while the blades are still moving to fully closed
position.  Get a simple clean/lube/adjust of the lens.  As a temporary
measure, try exercising the aperture lever.  That is, put the lens at
f22 and manually close the lever 100 times.  This may help things free
up some.

I've seen this before with the M28mm f2.8 and other lenses.

Regards,  Bob S.