Ah, J.C. Whitney. They were at the intersection of Archer Avenue and
State Street in Chicago. When I was fifteen years old, I used to
wander their showroom for hours. They had a display engine: a 312
Ford with six deuces. I loved the look, but I was already smart
enough to know that it was a collector's item rather than a viable
powerplant.. When I finally saved up enough money I bought a new
chrome grille for my '34 For. I put a '60 Pontiac NASCAR engine in
it. It had the high rise aluminum manifold and a Malcolm  McKellar
number 7 camshaft. I had that sucker running before I was old enough
to drive, so I drove it anyway -- with a wire tied to the carburetor
so I could work the throttle. Good times in old Chicago town.
Paul