Christian,

Very nice photos!  I especially like the Io Moth caterpillar, that guy's
real photogenic:

http://photography.skofteland.net/insects/insect08.htm

As you probably saw from my website, caterpillars have become a real
favorite of mine; all the photos up there were taken this last summer.  The
incredible variety, colors and patterns of them amaze me.

The Chinese Mantid is pretty cool, too:

http://photography.skofteland.net/insects/insect10.htm

I just got a similar photo of a mantis a couple of weeks ago, I'll turn it
into wallpaper some time in the next few months.

The photos of the mosquito drinking blood from your arm were pretty amusing.
  This sort of photo taking must be a characteristic of insect macro
photographers - perhaps it's an ability to see beauty everywhere, even where
other people only see a "bug".  When I innocently put some of the insect
wallpapers onto my PC at work, some of my female colleagues were appalled,
and no amount of explanation of their beauty or interesting behavior would
convince them otherwise!  I have photos of a tick crawling up my arm, but I
must admit I didn't wait until it started feeding before removing it!

Richard.

home phone: (1)(847) 244 5463
home page:  www.richard-seaman.com