Thanks Richard.  I did notice a lot of caterpillar photos on your site!

The Io caterpillars were everywhere in that tree and it was impossible to
get a good head shot of one of them while they were feeding.  In the end, I
filled the frame with color and spines and feet!  I think the Velveta(sic)
did it's usually incredible job of color saturation and depth.

When I have time (and a lot more money (more on that later) I'm going to
build a multiple flash bracket for better shadow control and background
rendition.

I get a lot of comments about the mossie pictures from my co-workers.  I
learned a lot about camera control and stability by shooting those one
handed.  All I can say is the Grip B on the LX made it possible!

I'd be interested in learning your techniques with regards to macros.  What
kind of flash, lenses, magnification rates, etc.

Thanks again.

Christian Skofteland