> This suggested legislation is in response to pros shooting ads and editorial
> without permits. It happens a lot in New York and sometimes causes problems
> with traffic and/or crowds. I doubt that a wandering group of PDMLers would
> experience any problems.

Call me naive, but I agree with you, Paul.

I can't imagine that the photo cops will be harassing folks with dslrs
taking pix of the Empire State Building.  It's obviously aimed at
"film shoots" which attract the attention of passersby and disrupt
traffic.

I'm also sure that newspapers and other well-funded media outlets will
be chomping at the bit to take a test case to court to test the
constitutionality of this new law.

cheers,
frank