Responding to Silke, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> If one lens, 50mm;
> If two lenses, a 35mm and an 85mm;
> If three lenses, a 28mm, 50mm, and 100/105mm;
> If four lenses, a 24mm, 35mm, 85mm, and 200mm.

> Those are the most common combinations used by photographers
> who use primes.  My advice would be to carry (even to own) as few
> lenses as you can get away with.

Mike,

My personal preference would be...
If one lens, a 50mm at f1.4,
If two lenses, the 50mm and a 135mm.
If three lenses, the 50mm, 135mm, and an 85 or 105mm for portrait like stuff.
If four lenses, add a 28mm at f2.0 (I never have learned to use wide angles.)

Carrying fewer lenses is better.  Practice carrying just one lens until you
know exactly what kinds of shots/situations it excells at.

Regards,  Bob S.