Mark Roberts wrote:
> Kenneth Waller wrote:
>

>>> So the Pentax Photo Gallery will become a self selecting clique,
>>>
>> Not my take on what was presented.
>>

>>> "Our goal is to receive fair and unbiased input to help in the
>>>
> selection
>
>>> process"
>>>
>> Kenneth Waller
>>

> I think you're reading it the same way I am, Ken: "We're overloaded by
> the popularity of the Gallery and need help narrowing the field before
> our judges make the final decisions"

Unless I'm missing something obvious, other than a brand name there is
nothing to separate the critiquing abilities of Pentax users vs. those
people in the "deleteme" flickr group.  With their new peer review
system the judges might not even see an HCB photo because it's too
blurry, or miss out on a wonderful photograph because a few site users
don't appreciate its content.

I'm certainly not qualified to judge other's photographs.  I don't want
my photos shot down by some other equally unqualified user who's allowed
to rate a photo simply because he lucked out and shot something decent
once.   It's easy enough for me to not pass judgement on another's
photograph.  Avoiding the other half of my gripe is just as easy - I'll
take my ball and go play somewhere else.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com/