David Savage wrote:
> On 7/11/07, Scott Loveless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I'm certainly not qualified to judge other's photographs.  I don't want
>> my photos shot down by some other equally unqualified user who's allowed
>> to rate a photo simply because he lucked out and shot something decent
>> once.
>>

> What makes you think the Pentax galleries judges are any more
> qualified than you or I?

That's a good question.  Assuming that the "official" judges are
employed by either Pentax or a company contracted by Pentax to operate
the gallery, they have an obligation to properly select photos that meet
Pentax's criteria.  One could also assume that Pentax is interested in
displaying photos that demonstrate the benefits of owning a Pentax
camera.  Regardless, the judges have some motivation for doing their job
per Pentax's instructions - employment.  I have no idea what qualifies
the judges for their jobs, but I hope they have a background in photography.

Lots of assumptions, huh?  I don't think they're too far fetched, though.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com/