I was having the same problem too. I have found myself enjoy the process of
photography much more when using primes. Prime lenses make me slow down and
do some serious thinking about composition, dof and angle of view. Not to
mention prime lenses deliver better performance in general. The only zoom I
have now is the SMC-A 70-210/4 which is very useful, but hardly the best
optically. Perhaps it's time to release a FA* 70-210/4 ED [IF] (the f2.8 is
just too expensive, big and heavy for me)?

regards,
Alan Chan