Chris Brogden wrote:
> <snip>
> I'm not condemning zooms... I'm just thinking about the style of shooting I
> tend toward when using them.
> Tom C.

There is a practical money side to zoom vs. prime,
particularly PENTAX.

If you own any K-mount body except a few (ZX30 and 50?),
you have a treasure trove of old primes available
to you.  Cheap, multi-coated, almost no dogs.
You may be "reduced" to center-weighted and
aperature priority (no big deal).

For those of you, like me, still acquiring
stuff, this lets you in "on the cheap" to
some good prime lenses, one at a time, burning
no more than about 50 to 100 dollars per lens.

This has to be one of the strongest advantages
to using Pentax.

-Lon