One of my favourite photos was taken about thirty years ago: I had seen that
there was a potentially good combination of shapes, but I never quite got the
light right (or the right light!).  Then eventually, after eighteen months of
revisiting the spot, it all happened!  And it took just one frame, on a 55mm
prime, to get.

Nowadays, I tend to use the zooms as a general purpose or travelling light set,
but there are occasions when I hook up a prime and make myself use it to the
best possible effect.  It's the best discipline, even if sometimes you come
back knowing that nothing you took was really worthwhile...

John Coyle
Brisbane, Australia