Just back from a short break in Seville - took the 20-35mm, 28-70, 80-200
and the 43mm.  Probably used the 43mm about 75% of the time. Why - I think
it has to do with 'natural perspective'.  Things just looked - and felt
-right with the 43. Once I got into the rhythm it was no problem to step
forward-back-left-right-squat-stretch, instead of standing still and zooming
in and out. When I used the 20-35 it tended to be at around the 35-side
rather than the 20.  The 28-70 (on a second body for b&w) was usually fixed
at the widest, the longest or the center, ie 28, 50, 70.  If the bank
account could afford it, I would definetely opt for the 31mm and the 77mm to
complement the 43. I would then lokk for a wider prime and telephoto.