Thank you, Toralf.  While the problem may seem minor, I still say:
why have a rather useless (and perhaps inoperable) flash atop my
body?  Things such as these tend to irritate me.  While I have not
made a final decision, I am presently leaning toward getting a second
ZX-M body rather than the ZX-5N.  The only differences between the
two are the meter and lens mount.  With regard to the meter, I gather
I will become less dependent on it as my skill (and experience)
develop.  With regard to the plastic vs. metal lens mount ring: I
tend to be extremely careful with the things I own...I have had my ZX-
M body for over three years, and the plastic mount still looks as it
did when I first took the body out of the box.

Regards,
Glen