From:
Mark Roberts
> John Sessoms wrote:
>> I'd be far more likely to buy a lens for a camera I just won than I
>> >would to buy a camera to fit a lens or a flash ... although I think
>> >Pentax'd probably get better marketing value for giving away a camera
>>
> kit.
>
> They're probably guessing that most people visiting the site already
> have a Pentax camera and would rather have another lens than another
> body.
That could be, but they promoted the site heavily in mainstream
photography magazines like Pop Photo. That says to me they're trying to
attract new customers.

If they were only interested in people who already own Pentax cameras,
they could have just had one of the guys at the corporate office drop a
note into PDML and saved a whole lot of money advertising the site.

And if *I* was running Pentax, you could be sure I would be at least
monitoring what was posted here; lurking if not contributing.