I missed the first part of this discussion.  I have a couple of Sigma's-
the EX 50mm f2.8 macro and 14mm f3.5 - and they work fine.  No
compatibility problems at all.  I finally broke down and ordered the Sigma
70 - 200 f.28 as well, but have not recieved it yet.

If anything, I've had more compatibility problems with my Tokinas - the ATX
100-300 f4 zoom is inconsistent on the "A" setting - sometimes loosing the
connection at defaulting to fully stopped down.  It always failed to
connect with  my old Pz-70. The aperture display disappears and is replaced
by the two dashes "- -" when this happens.  And my ATX 400 f5.6 is very
finicky with the Mz-S.  Sometimes the finder reports really odd f stops
(like f99) and sometimes the AF cam doesn't engage.  Remounting the lens
solves both problems, which are fairly uncommon.

I think sometimes it's just the individual lens itself.

- MCC

Mark Cassino
Kalamazoo, MI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]