I run a photo mini-lab. I've mentioned that before.

I had a customer come in yesterday, wanting re-prints from some
negatives. They'd been processed by another store in our chain, and she
had the index print. I wrote down the frame numbers from the index print
and how many of each she wanted on the inside flap of one of our 4x6
print wallets and left it for my relief to print.

Got to work today, and there's a note that there's no numbers so the lab
operator didn't know what to print.

Before I started making a fuss, I looked at the negatives, and lo &
behold, there's no edge print whatsoever; no frame numbers, no film
identifiers ... NADA!

Had to have been C-41 film, 'cause that's all our labs do. Looked like
regular 35 mm, but there's nothing on the negative except the customer's
images.

Anyone have thoughts on this?