On 9/25/07, Peter Fairweather <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is as much a  monetary as a photographic question. I have found
> the Grand Prix model of the K10D complete with upgraded software and
> winder for less than £600.
>
> Opinions seem divided here on the value of the winder. I've even seen
> it blamed for VPN, but that was on another less knowledgeable forum.

I like the grip. As for the whole VPN being caused by the grip thing,
it's a load of BS. I've had it occur with & without the grip.

> Should I save £150 and buy the standard body or will the GP version be
> a good investment at roughly £50 over the combined price of a standard
> body and winder?
>
> Your photographic thoughts and/or investment advice would be welcomed

Unless you keep it in the box and never use it, I wouldn't consider it
an investment.

My *istD was a Pentax/CR Kennedy (Pentax's Australian distributor)
50th anniversary edition. I've never consider it an investment.

If you really like the look of the GP edition, go for it. Otherwise
save the your money & put it towards, a new bag/extra memory etc.

Cheers,

Dave