Taken October, 2006 (you can see the pumpkins in  the background).

I had never tried parade shooting before this and rather  enjoyed it. With a
parade people expect to be photographed and the action moves  along, but not
too quickly. Although I often wasn't quick enough off the mark,  anyway. I'd
like to try a parade again, someday. The day was quite overcast,  which helped.

Taken with the Optio 4Si and this one is even cropped a  little. While one
can tell it's probably not 6mp or 10mp, I think it looks  pretty good. I was
fairly impressed with the Optio's performance, and it's a  handy dandy little
camera for these types of situations.

I felt sorry for  some of them, so much make up, so much smiling and waving,
it must get  tiresome.

Nothing serious, just for  fun.

http://members.aol.com/eactivist/PAWS/pages/beauty.htm

But  comments still welcome.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.