Maybe but you are using logic starting from incorrect assumptions, I am
stating law, two different things. A work of nature cannot be
copyrighted period. The photograph in question is of a group of 250+
year old oak trees. They stopped being a work of man a long time ago, if
they ever were. No copyright applies. The road was probably a originally
a dear track, once again no copyright applies. In this case I don't even
have to go into materials entering the public domain. The trespass is
another matter for which there can be a legal argument. However as I
said, the photographer is not being sued for that.