Ann, I'd definitely go with the original photos. In my opinion
posterization is used mostly to save uninteresting and or poorly exposed
photographs. In this case you don't have either problem. I also think it
works better on color images with subjects that require little detail to
start with.

--
Remember, it’s pillage then burn.