Adam Maas wrote:
> Roman Melihhov wrote:
>
>> I remember how it all started with K10D. Lotta rumors, unrealistic
>> expectations, [ ... ]
>> Roman.
>>

> Good bet?
>
> 12MP, 5fps, improved AF system, ~20 RAW buffer, 1-2 stops better high ISO
> noise. ISO200-6400 native.  New shutter with 1/8000 and 1/250 sync.
>
> Possibly with 14bit RAW's
Do you think that would be possible?

I know you (or was it someone else?) have been saying the light
collecting capability of sensors has been improved lately, but in order
to achieve a higher bit count, a better electric charge storage capacity
would probably be needed as well. Or at least, some papers I read on
this a year or so ago seemed to suggest that 14 bits won't be possible
with the current element sizes even with 0 noise.

- Toralf