David Savage wrote:
> On 10/20/07, Toralf Lund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I'd actually be surprised if they went for a 12 or 14 bit variant from
>> Sony, or any 3rd party producer, seeing as the K10D has a special A/D
>> converter designed by Pentax.
>>

> I don't believe they designed the A/D converter.
No, probably not. I didn't choose my wording carefully when I said they
did. The point was that they are using an A/D different from the one
that's supplied by or recommended the sensor producer, and that's (I
think) integrated into the image processing chip - so the sensor
variants suggested don't quite seem to fit in.
>  Evidence suggests
> that it was an off the shelf item from Nucore.
>

> Remember the 22bit marketing hype before the K10D was released?:

Distinctly...