----- Original Message -----
From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi"
Subject: Re: Ned Bunnell and "Pentax Pro Services" announcement

> I certainly hope it means that Pentax is strengthening their interest
> in the professional photographer with respect to their camera
> business, yes.

Before digital, they had (at least in Canada) very good pro service on their
"pro" cameras (read 6x7/645).
I don't think they can ignore that the pro market has moved to digital, and
that their pro presence has to move with it.
My harping about AF and buffer size/speed on the K10 aside, it's a capable
enough camera for just about every kind of phoography, be it pro or amateur,
and the lenses they are putting out now are also pro calibre for image
quality (the 21 is a bit slow for my taste).
With the 16-50 and 50-135 f2.8 zooms now on the market, they have built an
excellent base for attracting pros in with the equipment.
The 60-250 will be a welcome addition as well.

I've come to recognize that most photographers, pro or amateur, are now
married to zoom lenses (I'm not there yet, but I'll probably up my number of
zooms to two with the 60-250), and that they are definitely capable of
giving excellent results.
I think a good pro service program and some good flogging of it in the trade
publications would do them as much good as a 14mp camera.

William Robb