God I hate Vista or this Thinkpad. Every 9th or 10th post my composed
message goes away. I know I'm hitting a wrong key, frack.

That image does nothing for me, but that's subjectivity.  I can see why it
would have appeal.

IMO high ISO film was generally used as a compromise so either high enough
shutter speed or small enough aperture (DOF) could be achieved with existing
lighting, often to avoid the use of flash.

I've also taken high ISO pictures that I've been happy with. OTOH, whether
they work well as larger prints is another question.  For example:

http://pug.komkon.org/99oct/TakhlakhVenus.htm

My point was not to condemm high ISO images across the board.  It was to say
that generally one uses the lowest ISO possible to achieve the results they
want.  Image quality (again could be subjective to some) generally degrades
as ISO or sensitivity goes up.

Therefore, as in years past, I did not very often shoot at ISO 1600 or
above, and will not do so now with DSLR's because the results are generally
inferior.  So all I really care about is great results at 800 and below.

Tom C.