On the *ist DS I've adopted a three -step approach:

1.  Blower - much the same as you used

2.  If that doesn't work well enough I use a Sensor brush which is basically a
nylon bristle artists' brush.  See here:

http://www.bythom.com/cleaning.htm

3.  If there are still spots that are reluctant to be moved, I use a wet
'sensor swab' using Eclipse liquid and Pec Pads.  I cobbled together a home
made swab, similar to that described here.

http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/howto.html

In the 3 years that I've had the *ist DS I've only felt the need to use the wet
swab 3 times.  I'm happy to clone out dust spots in Photoshop until I feel
they're getting excessive.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters