Level... the new Nikon D3/300 has a virtual horizon, almost like an
artificial horizon aircraft guage, on the LCD.  Unfortunately where it's
really needed is in the viewfinder.  I'd like to see that as standard
equipment on DSLR's. With a post-exposure warning when the camera is tilted
at button press. :-)

A tripod of course helps with level and a bubble level on the hotshoe can
also when shooting that way.

Tom C.