Timothy Sherburne wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with Vivitar's K-mount auto extension tube
> set? What's the quality like?
>
> I'd prefer Pentax, but the price of Vivitar's set is about 1/3 that of
> a new Pentax set.

I've had both and I can assure you that there's no functional or performance
difference. The Pentax ones were cosmetically a little nicer but only enough
to be worth a few dollars extra, not 3 times the price. I suppose the Pentax
ones might be higher spec. as far as parallelism of the front and rear mounts
is concerned but I think you'd have to be doing extremely high magnification
of perfectly flat subjects to notice any difference. If there is any.

Definitely go for the Vivitar: Put aside the money you save for film, processing
or a nice new lens.

--
Mark Roberts
www.robertstech.com