List of capabilities I want in my current K10D, all of which could be made
available from camera firmware and/or Remote Assistant software:

1.    Ability to turn off the viewfinder display. It's not only useless for
astrophotography, it greatly interferes with night vision and focusing on
stars.
2.    Ability to adjust focus manually from the remote assistant, i.e.
adjust the little screw drive as desired in manual mode from the remote
assistant.
3.    Digital preview selection from the remote assistant (for remote
focus).
4.    Zoom of the digital preview selection from the remote assistant (for
remote focus).
5.    Continuous (one frame per half second) transfer to to the remote
assistant of the zoomed of the digital preview (for remote focus and
monitoring).
7.    Actual mirror lock (with AC adaptor for selenoid power if it's
necessary).

and via additional device:

8.    Wireless (peferably via ad hoc 802.11n) transfer of all data and
protocalls available from the camera's USB port.

Gawd! The things I could do with these capabilities!

"I don't mind if you don't like my manners.
I don't like them myself. They're pretty bad.
I grieve over them long winter evenings."
  -- Philip Marlowe (Humphrey Bogart)