An interesting wish list ...

On Oct 31, 2007, at 12:53 PM, Bob Blakely wrote:

> List of capabilities I want in my current K10D, all of which could
> be made
> available from camera firmware and/or Remote Assistant software:
>
> 1.    Ability to turn off the viewfinder display. It's not only
> useless for
> astrophotography, it greatly interferes with night vision and
> focusing on
> stars.

Without it, in ultra-dim circumstances where AF doesn't work anyway,
I set the camera power to time out as fast as possible and focus
without touching the shutter release.

> 2.    Ability to adjust focus manually from the remote assistant, i.e.
> adjust the little screw drive as desired in manual mode from the
> remote
> assistant.
> 3.    Digital preview selection from the remote assistant (for remote
> focus).
> 4.    Zoom of the digital preview selection from the remote
> assistant (for
> remote focus).
> 5.    Continuous (one frame per half second) transfer to to the remote
> assistant of the zoomed of the digital preview (for remote focus and
> monitoring).

I've never used the remote assistant but all of these sound like a
good addition to its capabilities.

> 7.    Actual mirror lock (with AC adaptor for selenoid power if it's
> necessary).

Not sure why this is needed for anything, but it would be good anyway.

> and via additional device:
>
> 8.    Wireless (preferably via ad hoc 802.11n) transfer of all data
> and
> protocols available from the camera's USB port.

Yes.

Good stuff.

Godfrey