Reviewing the shot(s) on my digital camera is the same as shooting a Polaroid,
only more efficient!

Chimping. It sounds like a term a photo luddite would coin.

Regards,
Bob...

It seems to me the term is now used often in a euphemistic derogatory sense
that implies one must not be a good photographer if they need to look at their
image to check it.  That's a bunch of hogwash, as photography is all about
seeing it and getting it right, and to get it right one must see.

You're right, it's a hallmark of many pro's to check and review their images on
the spot in order to correct deficiences, and in the past they spent thousands
of dollars for the capability with duplicate backs, polaroid film, and in some
cases duplicate bodies.

Tom C.