> >, and to get it right one must see.
>
> Or one must have enough confidence in their knowledge and abilities.....

experience, and tools/techniques that lead to reproducable results?

> > You're right, it's a hallmark of many pro's to check and review their
> > images on the spot in order to correct deficiences, and in the past
> > they spent thousands of dollars for the capability with duplicate
> > backs, polaroid film, and in some cases duplicate bodies.
>
> Polaroids were almost exclusively used in the studio to check lighting
> and whatnot, and often that was to satisfy art directors, not the
> photographers themselves.

(probably due to this discussion thread) I have been wondering about
the impact of digital photography on polaroid...

of course, that studio usage may have been only a small part of
the total polaroid usage.
and with digital you get the immediate feedback but (in general,
I guess) still not the immediate print.
I noticed that the passport photos that used to be made using
polaroids now also just come out of a printer these days.

Axel.