Hello, I'm new on this list. Since I've seen some people curious about Sigma
plans for the future, I decided to share the following with you.

I was interested in buying a few Sigma lenses for my Samsung GX-1S, so I mailed
the USA, UK and France Sigma representatives  asking them if they plan to
introduce HSM on Pentax lenses in the near future. The answers were the
following:

1) USA:
We are not working on that at this point in time. If any changes we will
make an announcement on our website.

2) UK:
At present we have no plans to produce our Pentax lenses with HSM.  The
majority of Pentax cameras cannot take the HSM system.  Sigma may decide
to produce Pentax HSM in the future.

3) FR:
A ce jour, cela
n'est pas prévu.
(Translation: Sofar, this is not planned.)

Comments are useless... :(

OK, I also have a question: what's the advantage of ultrasonic motors? I'm
interested in AF speed, since I've had a lot of trouble with my camera and it's
kit lens (annoying AF hunting or even impossible AF in not-so-low :( light).

About ultrasonic motors (technical article):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrasonic_motor

PS: is HTML formatting of emails allowed on this list?

A.M.

Make Yahoo! your homepage.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs