[ ... ]

> OK, I also have a question: what's the advantage of ultrasonic motors? I'm
> interested in AF speed, since I've had a lot of trouble with my camera and
> it's kit lens (annoying AF hunting or even impossible AF in not-so-low :(
> light).

It's sort of been pointed out by myself and others already, but if AF
hunting or inability to focus is the problem, an ultrasonic motor won't
help a lot. HSM/SDM merely means that a different kind of motor that
moves the focusing ring to the place it needs to be. When you experience
hunting or missed focus, the camera doesn't really know where that place
is, so how it was going to get there makes little difference. Or maybe
it might hunt faster or quieter with a different motor, but what you
really need is better AF sensors. Or a faster lens...